[Resolved] Read More button not showing when using GenerateBlocks Container in posts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Read More button not showing when using GenerateBlocks Container in posts

Home Forums Support Read More button not showing when using GenerateBlocks Container in posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Manuel

Hey there,

I’ve created some posts with GenerateBlocks. Now, when the first element in a post is the GB-Container, the GP read more button (and excerpt) in archives is gone. I don’t use manual excerpts. When I’m using GB-Headline as first element in post, everything looks fine and GP read more button + excerpt are there.

So, I could add a GB-Headline, leave it empty and everything looks fine. But probably it’s not the best solution…

Already tried this https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/read-more-button-not-showing-on-all-posts/ but seems like it didn’t work.

I would appreciate any suggestion 🙂

Thanks in advance.

GP 3.0.2
    GPP 1.12.2
    GB 1.1.2

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

its a known issue with WordPress. Content that is part of an inner block – whether that be a Container Block or the core Group Block – will not be included in the post excerpt.

Choices:

1. Use the Manual Excerpt.
    2. Install the Advanced Excerpt plugin – but this will pull on the HTML and styling.

Manuel

Hey David,

thanks for the fast reply.

Both ways work great, thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.