[Support request] Read more blog

Home Forums Support [Support request] Read more blog

Home Forums Support Read more blog

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Leon

Hello! In the customizer under blog I have selected the read more function. But for some reason there is no read more visible at my blog. How can I make this visible?
    Thanks Leon

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Leon,

Can you first make sure you are using the most recent version of GP (1.3.43) and Premium (1.2.94)?

For the read more label to show up, make sure that you have enough content in the post.

Let me know if this helps.

Leon

I think have enough content. See link: Website. I just updated and nothing changed.

What can I try?

Leon

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Did you actually enter some content (like Read More) in the Read more label box?

Leon

Yes see image.

Screen

Also is it possible to end the Excerpt Length with … so that people can see the text is longer. For example.

Content content content Content content content Content content content Content content content Content content content Content content content Content content content Content content content Content cont…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm that’s a bit weird unless I missed something obvious.

Here is what I see when I have similar setting as you: https://s24.postimg.org/99pgm2qdx/readmore.jpg

The … should show up as default.

Are you using any sort of plugin that might be interfering with it?

Leon

Ahh, you are right. The plugin visual composer causes the problem. When I deactivated the plugin the read more is visible. Uhmmmm any idea what I can do :)?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not familiar with the Visual Composer but any chance it has some settings for blog pages?

Perhaps don’t use a page builder for the blog page since you should be able to achieve the current look with GP?

I’ll ask Tom if he has any ideas 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Visual Composer shouldn’t be messing with the excerpt_more filter. Might be worth asking their support if there’s an option in there somewhere to disable it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.