[Support request] Re: Video Player

Home Forums Support [Support request] Re: Video Player

Home Forums Support Re: Video Player

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dan King

Hello,

Firstly can I say your generate press product is absolutely superb… is there a review site I can shout about how good you are?

Secondly… i’m using your embedded video player because it performs so brilliantly (load speed, queries etc and functionality)!

I’m wondering are you aware of a plugin or do you have something where I can deliver different quality videos based on the end users internet connection / screen size?

Here’s an example page built with your plugin!

https://learnclub.wpmudev.host/mission-1/level-1/

Thanks

Dan

PS you should link up with wpmudev πŸ™‚ they’re equally amazing!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

glad to hear you’re enjoying GP πŸ™‚
    You can leave a review here if you want:

https://wordpress.org/themes/generatepress/

GP doesn’t add a video player – that would be a WordPress core block you’re using.
    For better performance the best way is to NOT host the videos locally instead using a streaming service like Vimeo or dare i say it YouTube, they will automatically compress and serve up the right quality for the device, and it will take a load off of your server.

Dan King

Okay cool… good answer πŸ™‚ hahahah i’ll try Vimeo πŸ˜‰

Here’s your review:

Incredible and here’s why…

I am an absolute WordPress novice so as such i built a DIVI wordpress site..

I put my divi site through a google speed check and… well bad doesn’t cut it, it was terrible! My Divi had a footprint of 800Kb!! :-(((

So I googled themes that loaded fast, found generate press… and well with a little support I now have a super fast, super cool site :-))))

Thanks GP for building such an incredible product!!!

Dan

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – really appreciate you taking the time!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.