[Resolved] Re-position WooCommerce Header (or reformat woocommerce page)

Home Forums Support Re-position WooCommerce Header (or reformat woocommerce page)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    John

Hello. This is easier to describe with screenshots. I would like to take the existing design:
    sidebar/content (header + product categories)
    and turn it into
    header
    sidebar/products

Basically take the Woocommerce page title, breadcrumb (and my custom search filter) to be above the 2 column sidebar/content design.

Please reference this:
    example

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you provide a link to the site so i can see what is currently in place – then i may be able to figure out what can be done 🙂

John
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

How is the Search being added?
    I assume the breadcrumb is the default function.

John

The search is added through a hook (element) on the woocommerce_breadcrumb trigger
    Yes, the breadcrumb is the default

John

I suppose I could wrap it all up in a custom element using variables for the section title, then use css to hide the original location, which I guess I’ll do. I wasn’t sure if there was something baked into WP/GP for this already.

John

Ok, I’ve figure it out. I still have to find the variable for the page title, but I did as I mentioned in the comment above.

John

This is how I got the page title fyi
    <h1 class=”woocommerce-products-header__title page-title”><?php woocommerce_page_title()?></h1>

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That sounds like the best approach. To unhook everything and then re-hook them.
    Couple of things that may help:

// Remove the title - which you have replaced with your own function
    add_filter( 'woocommerce_show_page_title', '__return_false' );

// Remove the breadcrumb which you can hook back in elsewhere
    remove_action( 'woocommerce_before_main_content', 'woocommerce_breadcrumb', 20, 0 );
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.