[Support request] Rating in affiliate box

Home Forums Support [Support request] Rating in affiliate box

Home Forums Support Rating in affiliate box

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ramsha Afzal

Hi,

I am using affiliatable boxes and it has a rating option that shows in every top 3 picks. It takes a lot of time to remove rating from HTML in every post. Can you please give me a code that I can put in additional CSS of generatepress for not displaying rating in top 3 boxes in all posts.

Link in the private box area.

Ramsha Afzal

Hi,

I am using affiliatable boxes and it has a rating option that shows in every top 3 picks. It takes a lot of time to remove rating from HTML in every post. Can you please give me a code that I can put in additional CSS of generatepress for not displaying rating in top 3 boxes in all posts.

Link in the private box area.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try this CSS:

.cg-cb-rate {
        display: none;
    }
    Ramsha Afzal

This code also removes the stars. I only want to removing the rating count and intend to display the 5 stars only. Plus, also let me know if this code will remove each rating anywhere on the site? I mean if we put the article rating schema, will the code also hide that rating from Google?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try this instead:

.cg-cb-rate .aff-score {
        display: none;
    }

It will apply to anywhere those same elements are displayed.
    It’s CSS so it will not affect any other code such as JSON-LD schema. But i cannot say how Google will interpret schema for a ‘value’ such as the rating when it is not visible on your site.

Ramsha Afzal

No, I only apply list schema, article schema (auto generated by Yoast), and book schema that I was actually talking about. See the image. So I was asking if the code will affect the book schema or not.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

CSS shouldn’t have an effect on the schema but this isn’t something we can confirm as David mentioned above.

You might need to do a bit more research on this as it’s not a theme related issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.