[Resolved] Random layout issues on different browsers

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Random layout issues on different browsers

Home Forums Support Random layout issues on different browsers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jo

I am running Generate Press, Elementor & WooCommerce on my site. I just had a lengthy chat with WooCommerce and I loaded the Health Check plugin. I ran it so that it disabled all plugins. I also switched the theme to TwentyTwenty. When I switch the theme the problem no longer exists, of course the layout is not good without GP & Elementor. When I add Generate Press back in the layout issues come back. I have several screen shots that I could email you to show you what is happening. Basically in Safari & Firefox on my system the product pages are messed up. I just checked again and now everything is fine in Firefox but Safari is really bad. I am running on a MAC. I went to my HP laptop and all of the browser running on that are doing the same thing as Safari. Not sure what is going on but it is really strange. Let me know if I can email you some of the screen shots.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You can upload screenshots using a service like this and provide the direct links here:
    https://postimages.org/

Make sure to test with GP Premium and WooCommerce as the only activated plugins.

Let us know πŸ™‚

Jo

This is a link to several screen shots. Ever since I was on with WooCommerce and used the Health Check plugin the site is really messed up. If you go to the main url you will see. This would be the last screen shot of the 5 I uploaded. The others are shots of what the problems were before this major problem. Also, when I had all the plugins turned off I turned on GP Premium and WooCommerce only. That is when I had the original layout issues. Not sure what is happening now. The only time the site looks like it should it when I am logged into wp-admin. If I’m not the site is so messed up. It’s hardly workable. Not sure where to go from here.

Jo

Sorry forgot the link: https://postimg.cc/gallery/188ppj7u4/

Jo

I think I am going to ask my hosting company to go to yesterday’s backup since the latest problem started tonight after conversing with WooCommerce. After that I can deal with the issue that were happening before tonight.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah that’s definitely not normal.

Shouldn’t be a GP or WooCommerce issue though.

Have you tried disabling all plugins except GP Premium and WooCommerce?

Jo

I did, but I also had my hosting company restore the site to last night’s backup. I couldn’t work with the site the way it was before restoring. Things are better now but I’m still having certain issues. I will play with the plugins tomorrow and see what I can come up with. I may be back in touch if I can’t figure it out. Not using “Health Check” plugin anymore πŸ™‚ thanks for your quick response.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Jo

I have the site restored to it’s former backup. I am trying to deactivate plugins so I can try to see if there is a conflict with any of the plugins. There are certain browsers that are causing trouble when I view the product pages but when I go to those browsers the site is showing up as if the plugins were not turned off. Because of this I can’t look at the problem product pages to see if there is a plugin conflict. I have cleared the history in these browsers but the site still comes up as if the plugins are not turned off making it hard to try to troubleshoot. Can you think of any reason for this? I am going to paste the link I sent you yesterday with the screen captures in it to show what the site is doing. Disregard the last screen shot since this was when the site was restored from previous version. As you can see the “short description” text is dropping below the product photo. Scrolling down to the bottom of the page “Related Products section” the photos & text columns are really condensed so you can only see one or two letters per line. These screen shot are from Safari & Firefox. Chrome seems to be working fine so is edge and few others. Do you think it’s a conflict with these browsers? Screen Shots: https://postimg.cc/gallery/188ppj7u4/ I hope I’m not wasting your time but my client is bothered by this so I’m just reaching out to see your thoughts.

Jo

So sorry but everything seems to be working now in all browsers. I feel like I’m going crazy πŸ™‚ Thanks for your help.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad it’s sorted πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.