[Resolved] Random Border Added After Update

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Random Border Added After Update

Home Forums Support Random Border Added After Update

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem!

Alex

Hi Tom,

After fixing it on this first site, I attempted the same method on another site and it doesn’t seem to work. The gap still appears even when the version numbers for everything match up.

Any other ideas as to what could be the culprit in this case? Same exact situation as before, with the update being the only thing that causes it.

Best,

Alex

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can I see this other site?

Alex

Link added to the private information section.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is there a specific page where I can see the space? Not seeing it right now.

Alex

I had to revert it since this is a live site but when I updated the theme (plugin already up-to-date), it appeared on the features page for example (and on others but there it was particularly visible due to the color of the hero area).

Best,

Alex

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance I can see it on a staging site? Or if you want to update I can check quickly before reverting (if necessary).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just a heads up that we’re prepping 3.0.1 for tomorrow morning. Haven’t had any other reports of this, but would love to take a quick look just in case we’re missing something.

Thanks!

Alex

Hi Tom,

Sure – sorry took me a while to set up a staging area. Just took care of that & added it to the private info section 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks!

This is happening because you’re hiding the title with CSS: https://www.screencast.com/t/bbknb2LQFZIK

Instead, use a Layout Element along with our Disable Elements module to disable the title from being output on the page at all: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

This makes it so you don’t have to use CSS to hide the title – it will just be removed from your HTML completely.

Of course, if you want to keep the title hidden, you can do this:

.entry-content:not(:first-child) {
        margin-top: 0;
    }
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.