[Resolved] Ramifications of activating modules that aren't being used

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Ramifications of activating modules that aren't being used

Home Forums Support Ramifications of activating modules that aren't being used

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dizzy

Is there any downside to activating all modules, even if I’m only actually utilizing a few of them? Does it hurt performance or create any other issues?

If I am utilizing a module to customize the theme, what happens if I disable that module? Do I lose the customizations that I made permanently or only temporarily while it’s disabled or not at all?

What if I uninstall the premium plugin altogether? Do I lose the customizations that I made permanently or only temporarily while it’s removed or not at all?

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The impact should be minimal but we do recommend only activating the modules you use to optimize the performance.

If I am utilizing a module to customize the theme, what happens if I disable that module? Do I lose the customizations that I made permanently or only temporarily while it’s disabled or not at all?

It would be temporarily until you activate the module back.

What if I uninstall the premium plugin altogether? Do I lose the customizations that I made permanently or only temporarily while it’s removed or not at all?

Same as above, temporarily until you re-activate GP Premium.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

dizzy

Thanks. This is helpful. Is there any way for me to easily determine which modules I have used so that I can disable the ones that I have not used? Initially when I installed the plugin I just activated all of them and then customized the theme as desired. I’m sure I’m only using some of the modules, but I’m not certain exactly which ones.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You could try going through the list here:
    https://generatepress.com/premium/

Not really a way to identify which ones are used unfortunately.

dizzy

OK, no problem. Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.