[Resolved] Quick Note to Say Thank You to Tom and Team

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Quick Note to Say Thank You to Tom and Team

Home Forums Support Quick Note to Say Thank You to Tom and Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vr51

I just want to say thank you to Tom and the Team for all your work on GeneratePress.

A few years ago I moved across to GP from Genesis. Up to now I am very happy I made the switch. Back then I was tired of all the code tweaks Genesis required when I or one of my customers wanted to make a style or layout change. A WordPress developer’s life did not need to be as difficult as Genesis mandated. I had already noted to my myself that WordPress would move in a direction that favoured modular theme frameworks geared to page builder content development. While searching for a theme to switch to I discovered GeneratePress, which looked as though it would fit well with the direction of WordPress’ development path.

Today, GeneratePress is my number one go-to theme. It is lightweight, actively maintained to keep pace with WordPress core development and the support team are both welcoming and knowledgeable. I love the GP Sites importer found in the premium addon.

Over the past few months I have seen an increase in commits to the GeneratePress project in GitHub. I’ve not read all the commit notices but I will say I am really looking forward to the 2.5 release of GeneratePress.

Now I often forget I can contribute to on-going development through the GP donate link https://generatepress.com/ongoing-development/. I’ve just sent a small contribution to say thank you. It’s not much but as long as you stay away from the expensive coffee chains it should be enough to get you a couple of cups; or do what we Brits do and buy instant coffee to brew at home — it’ll last longer.

Again, thank you. I am one happy GeneratePress user,
    Lee

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks so much, Lee! Really appreciate the kind words and the donation. Posts like this really brighten up my day, so thank you, truly ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m looking forward to 2.5.0 as well – cool to know someone is somewhat watching the development! I’m trying to make GeneratePress as light as possible as we move forward, which includes removing floats and trying to decrease the amount of CSS necessary.

vr51

You are very welcome. I will hit the donation link sooner next time.

Remember: Githubbers are a-watching! :p lol

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, thanks again! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.