[Support request] Questions using Marketer – featured image, homepage, and product highlight

Home Forums Support Questions using Marketer – featured image, homepage, and product highlight

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steve

Hi. Per suggestion, I’m working to use Marketer for my site. I have gone thru customizer but have three questions (so far)…
    1. It says that in order to make a “normal” homepage (I want a homepage with a background image and short 100 word intro below it) I need two pages. One for home and one for blog archive. Can I not just use the existing page for blog archive and use Elementor to create a new homepage, pointing to it?

2. Featured images need to be replaced, but I want to resize them. What’s the right technique for this. I’ve read the adjusting featured image article and I know that the image lives in media library and can be edited there. Is that the right way or should I just adjust my image before importing and the theme will pick up the changes? My posts at the moment are way too tall, even after I adjust, and its due to the featured image size. Site name included below…

3. I do not understand the functionality of product highlight

Thanks
    Steve

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. Not quite sure if I fully understand. So do you want the home page to be the posts page or a static page

2. Marketer has this CSS added for the featured image size:

@media (min-width: 769px) {
    	.post-image-aligned-left .post-image img {
    		max-width: 300px;
    	}
    }

If you remove that, the customizer option should work.

3. Nothing specific. This CSS is applying a specific background color for the first sidebar widget. Yo can simply remove it if you don’t want it:

.sidebar .widget:first-child {
        background-color: #e86000;
        color: #fff;
    }

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Steve

Hi. Let’s work #1 first. I want the home page to be a static page. Can I create a page using Elementor Free and then point to that as the home page? Will E Free have control of all elements or will Marketer?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes you can create a static page using Elementor and assign it to be the home page:
    https://wordpress.org/support/article/settings-reading-screen/

Elementor will have control over the content if it’s activated.

Steve

Hi. I have created a homepage and an empty page that works as the blog archive page. On the homepage however, the product highlight and recent posts elements from the sidebar are still active. I want to eliminate them. How do I do that?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.