Hi there, I’m just trying to set a new bundle of tools I’m going to start using for my clients starting next month and I’d like to use as few plugins as possible. I love generateblock but I have some basic doubts about the upcoming pro version that make me wonder whether I’ll have to keep using other tools or I’ll be able to rely on it for such duties. I know it’s still on development but I wonder if you have any kind of certainty about these:
1) Are you planning to incorporate some kind of lightweight contact form block?
2) Any sort of social sharing block?
I feel like these are pretty common features for block building editors. Plus, including them would be a great way for a lot of us to minimize the quantity of plugins we use and also avoid possible compatibility issues in the future.
3) I can imagine that you’re quite busy right now with the 3.0 version but do you have an approximate idea of when you’d like to launch the generateblock pro version? (1 month/ 6 month/ 1 year…)
1. Forms are something we are looking at for a future option in Pro – nothing concrete yet but definitely under review.
2. Social Shares – not thought about this, as there are a lot of good ( and bad ) plugins that do this already. But something to think about.
3. Our main focus at the moment is to get GP 3.0 released, followed by GPP 1.12 and GPP 1.13. Then there will be a couple of updates to GenerateBlocks which will prepare us for the Pro version. I can’t see Pro being released for at least 2 – 3 months at this time.