[Resolved] Question x2

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Question x2

Home Forums Support Question x2

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    taratamiko

I just realised that my plan ran out. I have access to the forums only if I upgrade every year, is that right? And with the new licence code do I have to put that in WordPress?

Thanks for clarifying this for me.

The other question is, are you able to help me with this problem:

I migrated to Flywheel and they noted that I had an error in my functions file which means they couldn’t put me on the php 7.1 version. You can see the error here:

Message from hosting:

So all in all Tara, this was a successful migration — but sadly I did try to set you up on a new PHP 7.1 installation but your generatepress-child theme had the fatal error, see attached.

_This caused your website to produce a 500 and not load at all. But I did manage to rescue it somewhat and revert you to PHP 5.6. – if you can fix or get a developer to help with this – going forward when you’re ready we can upgrade you to PHP 7.1 (which on average offers quite a good performance increase).

Thank you in advance for your help with this.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I refunded your second full purchase so you can just renew your current license. That way you can keep your license key. More on that here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/renewing-license-keys/

I tried responding to your email, but it was bounced back a couple times.

As for the error – what function do you have on line 60 in your child theme functions.php file? That’s the problem function which might need adjusting.

taratamiko

Hi Tom

My emails work now! I migrated my site to Flywheel and forgot to update my email dns records!

Thanks for the refund! I will be sure to renew my license.

I figured out the problem php (just don’t know how to fix it)

if ( $wpdb->get_var('SELECT count(*) FROM‘ . $wpdb->prefix . ‘datalistWHEREurl= "'.mysql_escape_string( $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] ).'"') == '1' )

I took a look herePHP Function Explanation
    but i’m not brave enough to make the change.

Could you please suggest how I might change this in my child theme?

Many thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What’s the function do exactly?

taratamiko

I don’t actually know. I just pretend to understand these things

I put the code here so you can take a look:

Function.php code, Line 60

Thanks a million

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you don’t know, I would remove it. If you didn’t add that, I would guess you might be hacked and someone put that code in there.

The file should start with:

<?php
    /**
     * Generate child theme functions and definitions
     * @package Generate
     */

If you think you’ve been hacked, change all of your passwords (hosting, FTP, WordPress etc..) and make sure everything in your Dashboard is up to date.

taratamiko

Yikes! You’re right….I certainly didn’t put that there, all my code went after the Generate Press mention.

Thanks! I’ve made those changes.

Appreciate your help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! Keep an eye on that file – if you notice it happen again, I would consider moving hosting providers, as getting hacked when everything is up to date etc.. is usually a server issue.

taratamiko

Thanks! I actually switched from A2 Hosting (shared) to Flywheel (managed) It was Flywheel who spotted this! Have to check the function files on all my other A2 Hosting sites now!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.