[Support request] Question Regarding Layout Styling & Latest GP Premium Version

Home Forums Support [Support request] Question Regarding Layout Styling & Latest GP Premium Version

Home Forums Support Question Regarding Layout Styling & Latest GP Premium Version

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marty

Hey guys, some time ago I was able to move from my old theme (ReHub) to Generate Press thanks to the custom CSS David gave me here. He had mentioned:

In GP 2.5 we’re introducing a flex box version for layouts which will make this sort of thing a lot easier.

I was wondering if I still need to keep the layout/container styling CSS he gave me or if I can now do the same in the settings for the latest revision. The original issue was having identical spacing for the text container, between it and the sidebar, and then the sidebar sizing also.

Here’s the original support thread. https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/help-needed-with-post-container-settings-unable-to-set-desired-widths-etc/

Thank you very much!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that CSS looks perfectly fine for the Flexbox version – you can test it by switching the Customizer > General > Structure to flex box – if nothing breaks then great …. if not then switch back to Floats. Happy to look at any problems with Flexbox enabled

Marty

Thanks again, David! I’ll work on it on a staging copy of my site and report back. I need a bit of time to try it out. 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.