[Resolved] Question regarding header ad and below header element for homepage

Home Forums Support Question regarding header ad and below header element for homepage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter Paul

Hi GP Team!

How do I put a 728×90 leaderboard ad banner right beside my site logo without affecting CLS?
    And what Header Preset should I use? “Classic” or “Navigation After”?

In addition, I have a “featured post” on the homepage (the element right below the header logo and menu). Not sure what’s the proper term for that element.
    And I read on the Documentation about “Header Element Overview”. It got me thinking.
    I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that with the new version, we can edit the header and/or footer (correct me if I am wrong) using Blocks?
    Sorry I can’t find the reference anymore. But if memory serves me right, we can use (Gutenberg?) Blocks to create a customized element/featured post.

Perhaps there’s a better way of doing the “featured post” using that block feature and not importing CSS codes from one of the preset in site library?
    If you can point me to the right direction, perhaps I can explore from there. I’m planning to display 5 featured posts instead of the current 4. And perhaps change a few things.

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you would need to set the Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation –> Location to below header.

That leaves you with the space aside of the logo. Which you can place the Advert in the Header widget

You can only use Blocks in the Block Element which can be positioned as a hook > after_header.

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-overview/

Peter Paul

Hi David,

Yes, that’s the one. Thanks and have a good weekend!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.