[Support request] Question about customizer and child themes

Home Forums Support [Support request] Question about customizer and child themes

Home Forums Support Question about customizer and child themes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Paul

Hi Tom, loving the theme. Great to work with and so far have been able to quickly find any answers I had via a quick search.

One question I still have though is:

When I create a child theme, how does this work for the customizer?

I mean does the child theme still use the settings from the master theme? Or does it have it’s own settings separate from the master theme?

I ask also because originally I assumed the former, but I noticed that when I switch back to my master theme the copyright text that I added reverts back to the one I originally added when working with the master theme, which is different from the one that I added when working on the child theme.

But on the added hand, the logos I added display in the customizer either way, regardless of if the child or master theme is active. If I added a logo to one of them, it shows in both customizers.

So I’m confused now.

Can you please clear this up?

Thanks, Paul

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Paul,

It’s a little weird. The copyright and site logo are theme specific (even child theme specific). The logo is required to be this way by WordPress.org, but the copyright is just confusing. I have plans to migrate that option so it’s like all of the others (global amongst all child themes).

All of the other options are shared between child themes.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.