[Resolved] Question about creating multilingual website

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Question about creating multilingual website

Home Forums Support Question about creating multilingual website

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steve

Hello,

First of all I’m very new to WordPress and also don’t code. So I am creating a multilingual website in English and Chinese. Just wondering if GeneratePress supports Chinese-language websites? I will be doing the translation of the website myself, so I guess I won’t be needing plugins like WPML?

I do need a link on the menu bar or top of the page that can switch between the English version and the Chinese version of the website though, so let me know what’s the best way for creating that. Maybe I’ll create one page in Chinese and one page in English and just switch between these two pages, as opposed to creating only one page and just switching the text on that page.

Are there any other things that I need to beware of for creating my website? Any plugins/widgets that could be helpful?

Thanks so much!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I would recommend using Polylang or WPML if you want to use the toggle switch the languages.

Those plugins should help you translate the site as well even if you want to modify something.

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Steve

Thanks Leo. What would be the added advantage of using Polylang/WPML as opposed to creating my foreign-language pages as different WordPress pages accessible via a link at the top? Asides from the automatic translation (Which I’ll do some or all myself), do Polylang/WPML provide any specific benefits? (I guess they might enable the menu bar to be translated as well, otherwise different pages with different languages might end up using the same menu bar). Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of experience with translation plugins.

I would recommend asking this question to the plugins support directly.

They should be able to tell you the advantages of using their service vs creating separate pages πŸ™‚

Hope this helps!

Steve

Okay got it, thanks Leo!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.