[Support request] QUERY ABOUT ‘BLOCK ELEMENT PAGE HERO’ DEMO ON YOUTUBE

Home Forums Support [Support request] QUERY ABOUT ‘BLOCK ELEMENT PAGE HERO’ DEMO ON YOUTUBE

Home Forums Support QUERY ABOUT ‘BLOCK ELEMENT PAGE HERO’ DEMO ON YOUTUBE

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Marjorie

I would like to recreate the Page Hero demonstration I have watched on YouTube. It is a good fit for my blog’s presentation now Generate Press is up and running successfully.

However, I have a problem. Many of the elements have changed since the video so much so that I can’t locate them in my version of Generate Press and have got lost.

An example: Adding the Dynamic Background Image at the start. In Leo’s video, clicking the symbol (looks like a small stack circles) brings up the dynamic container with a link option underneath to import the image. My version GP does not seem to have this (?) I just have a dynamic background block with a square and ‘none’ – no other options.

Am I doing something wrong? Or, is there a more up-to-date information sheet that recreates the Element block?

Marjorie

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Nothing has significantly changed since that video.
    the main requirement is to install the GenerateBlocks plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/generateblocks/

For the dynamic content options to be displayed you must use one of the GB Blocks ie.

Container Block
    Headline Block
    (GB) Buttons Block.

Let me know if that helps

Marjorie

Hello David, (or other helpful person).

After leaving the matter alone for a while I went back and had another go at creating the Hero header. I was able to follow the video a lot more easily this time. However, I still have a image that seems too large, and below the hero section, a second feature image I need to remove. I cannot find details of how to do this but I must be looking for the wrong phrase or term.

Can you help with both the removal and advise on the image resizing.

Marjorie

Sample of page and Hero header.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Marjorie,

With regards to removing the Featured image in the Content, In your Element, there’s a “Disable featured image” toggle option in the Element settings. Moreover, the Element type should be Page Hero.

See this for reference: https://share.getcloudapp.com/Wnuq6rj0

As for the image being too large, I couldn’t see an image in the header in the link you provided.

See this for reference: https://share.getcloudapp.com/RBuyJWxj

To have a better understanding of the issue, may I know how you’re adding the image in your Page Hero?

Hope to hear from you soon! 🙂

Marjorie

Thank you for pointing out the ‘Diasable Feature Image’ I know it was ‘somewhere’!!!

I am using the video on creating a Page Hero from Generate Press as my step by step. This meant, I realised, the images and settings were not the ones I was aiming for BUT, thanks to the video I am now able to make adjustments to the settings myself as I set out below.

I removed ‘Terms’ as it does not look great to me, (and makes the hero image looks cluttered on a smartphone). I adjusted to Contained Width which is now centered. These make the hero image look better on the blog. I have used the image size ‘large’ in the container background btw.

Yes, some of the images are not really suitable for hero images but I will change those over time as I am new to Generate Press.

If you can check the link below you will see (I hope) the adjustments I have made. I believe that the slight variations in the size of the original header image might abbout for the slight size difference between posts.

Link to Hero Image Sample

Marjorie

Marjorie

EXTRA NOTE!!

Some of the images are NOT ppearing in the Hero Hader and I have no idea why this is (not) happening.

Do you have any suggestions? I just use the standard featured image for each post. Could it be a size issue?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Some of the images are NOT ppearing in the Hero Hader and I have no idea why this is (not) happening.

Can you link me to a specific post/page with this issue?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.