[Resolved] qTranslate – generate sections – header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] qTranslate – generate sections – header

Home Forums Support qTranslate – generate sections – header

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Geert Pierloot

When using generate sections I’m only able to edit the section in the ‘visual’ tab. And not in the ‘text’-tab . This means I’m unable to put html code in the sections and as a result I can’t insert the qTranslate tags <!–:en–> <!–:–>. Is their anyway to get around this?

In the Header add-on, I can include the qTranslate tags but they are not interpreted. Probably because I can’t add the custom class : ‘multilanguage-input’ to trigger the plug-in.

Any help is welcome. If other multilingual plug-ins are tested or recommended with GP, please let know. I’m just experimenting for the moment before starting with the real stuff. So I can still change the plugins to be used.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can’t use the Text tab? How so? Nothing happens when you click the “Text” tab?

I’ve never used qTranslate, but I know of users successfully using WPML, which is definitely the most popular multi language plugin.

Geert Pierloot

When clicking the text tab: the toolbar changes but the editing area disappears. The textarea has a style “display: none”. When removing this style element I get the textarea to put in the HTML code. But unfortunately the content is not saved when saving/updating the page.

Up to know I liked the qTranslate plugin. When looking to your addons, I was afraid about compatibilty because they have extra editing tabs, but believed I could get around it using the Html comment tags… unfortunately..

WPML was indeed on my list but there is possibility to try it out for free. If you can confirm that WPML is working fine togheter with your addons, I may give it a try (they have a 30 day money pay back).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ve had a handful of users ask me if WPML is compatible, and as far as I know it is – no one has told me otherwise. I haven’t personally used it though, so I’d be interested in knowing for sure.

I’m curious as to what’s going on with your “Text” tab though – any chance you can send me temporary admin login details to support@generatepress.com?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, ok – the Sections issue is a compatibility issue with qTranslate. Seems like that plugin alters the editor just a little too much for Sections to handle.

I’ll have to research a solution – hopefully I can come up with one.

Geert Pierloot

As mentioned by mail: the origal qtranslate plugin is not updated anymore. I was using a spinn off: qTranslate Plus. Now, I changed to qTranslate X and the mentioned issues are solved. Still a pitty I need to use the tags but it is acceptable.

Thanks, for me this toppic can be closed. I expect some new questions soon ๐Ÿ˜‰

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it sorted! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.