[Resolved] Put nav menu item on sticky header for one category

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Put nav menu item on sticky header for one category

Home Forums Support Put nav menu item on sticky header for one category

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michelle

How do I add a menu item to my custom category sticky header? I can’t use Customizer>Layout>Header “Use navigation as header” because I’m using that for the rest of my site.

I’ve tried every hook, one-by-one, and can’t get it to show to the right of the sticky nav on all of my custom category pages (category posts, category archive, single pages).

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I fully understand – I’m not see the custom category sticky header you are referring to.

The only sticky element on the page is the sticky navigation from what I can tell.

Let me know what I’m missing.

Michelle

Ok. Here is the link to the category page I’m using the custom logo on (see below).

On desktop, you will see a login that looks like a button, due to this styling:

.main-navigation .main-nav ul li.login-logout a {
      font-size:14px;
      padding: 10px;
      background-color: #b80000;
      color: #ffffff;
      border-radius: 5px;
      line-height: 12px;
    }

On mobile, I can’t get the “button” menu item to show. I want it to show on the main mobile and on mobile sticky scroll.

And, while we’re on this topic, I’d like to also add this “button” menu item to the Off Campus panel, category posts, and category archive.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Michelle, can you try hook menu_bar_items again. That should hook it to the sticky nav as well.

Then, to make it appear in the off canvas panel, you’ll need to create a new Block Element, and copy the button there, and hook it to somewhere like inside_slideout_navigation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.