[Support request] PSD to GeneratePress

Home Forums Support [Support request] PSD to GeneratePress

Home Forums Support PSD to GeneratePress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Whelen Troy

Hello! I am planning to put up an agency to serve my clients. I am just learning to code. And I believe that GeneratePress is the right companion for me to learn.

I wanted to know the hows in converting the PSD designs to worpdress. Do you have any guide or recommendation where I could learn from?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I don’t know of any specific guides, but if you do some searching around you should find quite a few different tutorials 🙂

Whelen Troy

Hi Tom,

I think I made a very broad and not clear query.

I have a PSD design and I wanted to turn it into a webpage. But since I am a premium user of GeneratePress and I really love the service and the theme, I wanted to convert the PSD to a GeneratePress themed website. Not just any wordpress site.

I searched around google. But I got tutorials which are either using page builders like Divi or coding the whole PSD from scratch.

I am planning to get a private tutor in doing this. But kind of a pricey option.

Right now, I am reading your “How to add PHP” docs. But I am lost.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It can be done in GP just like any other theme, except GP has lots of hooks and filters to make it easier.

Doing a conversion like this requires pretty decent PHP, CSS and HTML coding skills, so perhaps start there with some courses?

There’s likely tutorials out there revolving around WP themes and PSD conversions as well which could be helpful.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.