- This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 4 months ago by Tom.
June 6, 2014 at 10:29 am #869Bonnie
It would be useful to provide the step-by-step instructions on the Purchase Receipt email of how to install the addon plugin and activate the license key, etc…
It would save your customers time and get them going right away, without having to look elsewhere for instructions (which currently can’t be found).June 6, 2014 at 3:49 pm #881TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperJuly 12, 2014 at 1:48 pm #3819Don Forsythe
No don’t put them in the receipt because I didnt get them!!! Put them under support in plain sight. Better yet put them on the frontpage. Its really frustrating to purchase something and be given links that are totally useless because Im not told what to do with the files and licenses.July 12, 2014 at 3:18 pm #3843TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Hi Don – sorry you didn’t receive the emails, I’m working on releasing the documentation page right now.
Here are the instructions:
1. Download the .zip filse and save them to your computer – don’t bother unzipping them.
2. From your Dashboard, go to “Plugins > Add New”.
3. Click Upload at the top, browse and select .zip file you saved from this email.
4. Activate the plugin, if not automatically done.
To activate License Key:
1. Go to “Appearance > GeneratePress”.
2. Enter in the above license key and save your changes.
3. Once saved, click the “Activate License” button next to the license key field.
TomJuly 23, 2014 at 9:40 am #5993Dee
If you had just called them plugins instead of addons, it would go a long way to making it obvious that they have to be installed as plugins. We all know how to do that. Addon made it seem like something else, so I just guessed they must be plugins after a few minutes.July 23, 2014 at 9:43 am #5994TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Sorry about that – addons seemed appropriate as they add on to the functionality of GeneratePress. I didn’t want to confuse people not using GeneratePress that these were plugins they could plug in to their own theme.
I just created a video for installation, and I’m working on a documentation section which will hopefully clear things up for people.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.