progressively collapsing navigation links

Home Forums Support progressively collapsing navigation links

Home Forums Support progressively collapsing navigation links

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ve been looking at this recently, I’m very interesting in finding a way to integrate it into GP 🙂

morriscountynj

it would be wonderful if this could happen! 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I agree, just need to find a way to integrate it into the current mobile menu functionality 🙂

Heath

Ooooo! Yes please!

Mark

Has this been implemented in GP yet? I’m wanting to move away from “hidden” nav menus on mobile.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately not.

Mark

Do you know of a plugin that offers something similar to a “progressively collapsing menu”? I don’t understand why someone isn’t on top of developing such a menu system. But, can’t have everything I guess 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Mark,

I haven’t seen one, unfortunately. It’s a cool technique, I just never found a backward-compatible way to integrate it into the theme.

Mark

Thanks, for your responses! That’s a bummer. Do you have any suggestions at all as to how I can eliminate the hidden navigation menu links?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

And integrate something like the above? It would likely take a considerable amount of custom development at the moment, unfortunately.

Mark

Sorry, Tom, I know you’re a busy man. Let’s see if I can legibly get how what I want to ask you.

Is it possible, with GP, to do away with the mobile menu hamburger or button type menu configuration and just have the navigation menu items responsibly stack? If not with GP, maybe you could suggest a menu plugin that would?

My Bottomline here is just to have the top-level nav menu items always displayed along with a dropdown arrow of there are sub-menus. It doesn’t really matter to me if it’s “progressively collapsing”, transformed into tabs (on mobile) or stacking in columns and rows.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah yea – that should be possible. Any chance you can open a new topic so it’s easier to search/find for others?

Thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.