[Support request] Products not showing under new categories

Home Forums Support [Support request] Products not showing under new categories

Home Forums Support Products not showing under new categories

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Adedoyin

Hi there, I’m using the PRIME woocommerce theme and I’m currently having issues with new product categories. It is not displaying any product using the woocermerce short codes.

Basically I created a new category page then set it up with the shortcode to display products for that categories. But its not working and I made sure I add a product to the product category.

I don’t have an cache plugin installed and I have tried everything else nothing seem to work. Quite frustrating! I’m on localhost by the way.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

are the products in that Category published?

If an issue can you share a link to your site. You can do so privately by editing the original topic and using the Site URL Field. And we’ll take a look.

Adedoyin

Yes the products are published. Well the website is still on localhost. I have not uploaded yet. But what is the cause of this please. Though I have a redirection plugin that seem to cache the links just disabled that but its not working.

However, you need to know that one category is working fine displaying products. Only new categories I creating seem not to be picking the product I added to the categories. cache? Can’t find any cache plugins here. I’m confused right now

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It’s really hard to tell if we can’t see the issue live.

The theme itself doesn’t handle things like this as well as it’s all handled by WooCommerce.

I would recommend disabling all plugins to eliminate any conflicts first.

Adedoyin

This is the code I’m using
    [products limit=”6″ columns=”3″ category=”category” orderby=”id” order=”DESC” paginate=”true”]

This works for the first category I said works fine. Even without categories it works fine. But I created two new category. Added product to it. But its not working. I just disable the plugins no changes still

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Did you replace category="category" with the name of the actual category?

And make sure you are actually using the right quotation mark "".

If not can you try a simpler shortcode like this?
    https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-shortcodes/#scenario-5-specific-categories

Adedoyin

Yes, of course, I did put the actual category. I tried using the category default pages for the new cateogries. That works fine. But really need to do custom pages. So we can say the problems lie within the new pages probably the shortcode.

So I tried something else. Loading the product category directly on the page and I got this error “Error loading block: Invalid parameter(s): attributes”

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you check with WooCommerce support first to see if they’ve seent this issue before?

I would assume the same issue exists if you use a twenty series default theme as well?

Adedoyin

cache my friend. Cache ๐Ÿ˜‰

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So it’s resolved?

Adedoyin

Yeah

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear.

We do try to mention this ๐Ÿ˜‰
    https://www.screencast.com/t/7pFlvF2iLy

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.