[Resolved] product search

Home Forums Support [Resolved] product search

Home Forums Support product search

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Susan

I have added the wordpress product search to my shop page. Instead of searching, it simply refreshes the page. If I use the general search widget, it works, but it searches for everything. I want to use the product search. I switched my theme to the 2019 and the search worked, so I am thinking it is something set in GP. I am using GP pro and Elementor pro with the Elementor templates. Any thoughts? I do not want to change themes if I can help it.

Susan

I’m not sure if this will be helpful, but it seems that comparisons should be enlightening. If not, I apologize for the superfluous info… I just went through all of the themes I have installed. Yours is not alone with the problem. The search successfully went to search results with Folio Press, Twenty Fifteen, Twenty Nineteen, Twenty Seventeen, Twenty Sixteen, & Twenty Twenty. It did the same loop/refresh with GP, Customify, Divi, Enfold, Hello Elementor, Image Gallery, Shop Isle, & Storefront.

Susan

Anyone available to help with this one?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I really don’t think GP can cause an issue like this.

The search is coming from another plugin and GP has no control over it.

I would try disabling all plugins except GP Premium to test first.

If not can you report this to the plugin author to see if they have any ideas?

Let me know 🙂

Susan

I did disable all plugins before I started this thread. I downloaded the search plugin because it at least shows some results before the screen reloads.

Susan

I disabled all plugins again. It seems the first time I did not disable Elementor Pro. It is definitely a conflict there. I used their Theme Builder templates to build my whole shop. This will def be a problem. I am waiting to hear back from their customer service, which hasn’t been super helpful in the past…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that you were able to identify the issue!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.