[Resolved] Product overview seller theme

Home Forums Support Product overview seller theme

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by David.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    perlfan

Hi there,

I have a question reg. GP premium – I’m using seller theme and everything works well. However I don’t understand how to get the same product overview (nicely arranged etc.) under the header as on the seller home/first page. If I insert a woocommerce product widget, the products are not arranged in the same clean way, and when I edit the shop page I don’t see any block etc. – I would like to understand how the products appear on the first page (in order to use the feature for another article).

Thanks for help. Frank

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The front page of Seller is actually the shop page which is automatically generated by WooCommerce – much like the blog/posts page for WordPress.

That page cannot be modified as a normal single product but the options for that page is mostly here:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/woocommerce-overview/#shop

Where and how did you add the widget? Can you add it in so I can see the issue?

Let me know 🙂

perlfan

Hi there! So I now understand that either I’d like to add further content to the shop page or I would like to have a widget on a static page that displays my products like Woocommerce does on the sop page. If I add a Woocommerce product widget as a block to a static page (e.g. best selling products) the design is very different from the woocommerce shop product overview which isn’t very nice at all. I could show you my problem but I’m still developing my site (can I give you access to it via private message?). What can I do? Best, Frank

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Shop page is the Product Archive and cannot be directly edited. However you can use the Header Element to add content between the Site header and the product list:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

Or you can use the Hook Element:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

This will allow you to insert content in other parts of the Theme templates, eg. below the list.

In both cases you will use Display Rules to set their location. For the Shop page you would use the Product Archive display rule

perlfan

Super, the hook option is really want I’ve been looking for. Best, Frank

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    perlfan

Hi there, I’m sorry that I have to follow up on this. But I have an issue related to my initial question. My problem is that on the home page (first page) I want to display a slider and other elements around the products listed on the shop page, and on the “All products page” the elements around the products listed on the shop page shall not be shown.
    I’ve tried to use Display Rules for this – but if I use Location -> Site -> Home and Exclude -> Site -> All products, the elements (slider etc.) are not displayed anymore at all on the shop page (probably because the menu items refer to the same page (shop page)). Is there a solution to this?
    Best, Frank

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

not sure i fully understand but maybe this will help:

The Display rule for the Home page = Front Page
    The rule for the Shop = Product Archives

perlfan

Thank you, David. I already tried this combination. After you mentioned it, I created an Individual Link (/shop/) in the menu besides the Home menu link to have two different links referring to the shop page, then it worked! Thank you, Frank

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.