[Support request] Problems with the "hooked" top bar and the nav logo on mobile screens

Home Forums Support [Support request] Problems with the "hooked" top bar and the nav logo on mobile screens

Home Forums Support Problems with the "hooked" top bar and the nav logo on mobile screens

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Karelle

Using GP Premium and Elementor Pro, I’ve created a website, agents4homebuyers.com. I think I finally have the topbar, created with Elementor Pro and hooked above the Primary Navigation with GP Hooks, sorted out for the desktop. There are 5 columns across on desktop. On mobile 4 of the columns are in one row and the 5th should go to the next line. In Elementor Pro the top bar works on mobile, but when it displays on the phone, (or in Blisk) it only shows the first column and nothing else.
    The second problem is that the nav logo that displays correctly on the desktop, does NOT display on mobile screens and is replaced sometimes by the alt text and sometimes by just a circle.
    I’ve tried turning off unrelated plugins, but that didn’t change anything. Each time I change something I clear the Varnish cache but that has no effect. I don’t even know where to look.

GeneratePress 2.0.2
    GP Premium 1.5.6
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

HI there,

I don’t quite understand the first problem, but if you are talking about content created with Elementor, you will have to ask their support.

For the second problem, try reuploading the mobile header logo: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/mobile-header/

Let me know if this helps.

Karelle

Predictably when I had previous problems with that topbar Elementor told me that problems in a topbar used with GP Hooks, is likely a GP problem. To be fair, it works correctly when looking at it in isolation in Elementor, but in the actual website, it doesn’t work. I’ll go back to them and inquire about this one in particular.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Which hook are you using? Make sure it’s not the wp_head hook.

Elementor often blames problem on GP 🙂 GP hook simply displays whatever you put in it and does not alter your code.

The top section looks 100% Elementor to me: http://www.screencast.com/t/SE8JgrIty

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.