- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 6 months ago by Tom.
March 11, 2020 at 11:30 am #1192195Reed
I am having
1) a problem with the Read more button on the page here for Dispatch theme
2) a customization question I am not sure how to approach for read more buttons generated by WP Show Posts
For 1), I have attached a few screenshots which show the read more buttons on the front page, which is all generated by WP Show Posts. The buttons only appear if I have text entered in the List Content section of WP Show Posts.
However, they do not actually link to the post unless I add a custom excerpt in that post. Instead they just link to my homepage. I would like them to link to the post regardless of the excerpt. Is this a bug that has been dealt with before, or is there a setting I am missing on my posts?
For 2) I would actually prefer that instead of a button, the Read More just appeared as text at the end of the excerpts ‘…’. This is already done by the default blog page as show in one of the screenshots. Is there a way to do so with WP Show Posts?
Thanks as always for your help guys.
Also, I have submitted a login link via your contact form. The site is not published yet, still adding and optimizing content before releasing it to the google hounds.
Images: https://imgur.com/a/yZz9zKAMarch 11, 2020 at 4:27 pm #1192391TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
1. This sounds like a bug, but I haven’t heard of it before. What exactly is causing the links to not work? Is it a specific setting/setup that you can undo?
2. This might help: https://wpshowposts.com/support/topic/read-more-link-instead-of-button/March 12, 2020 at 3:21 pm #1193297Reed
2. Works but the links generated also don’t work.
Interestingly, the only link which does work after applying 2. is the one added to the page hero post. The button doesn’t work but the read more text after the … does.
I am not sure what caused it. I see it works on dispatch by default but unfortunately I never checked these links until now and assumed they worked…March 13, 2020 at 9:41 am #1194044TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Can you try deactivating your plugins one by one to see if one of them is causing the conflict? If that doesn’t work, perhaps it’s one of the custom functions you’re using (if any)?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.