[Resolved] Problems with Events Calendar

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Problems with Events Calendar

Home Forums Support Problems with Events Calendar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Angie

Hello,
    I have some problems with the plugin Events Calendar and maybe you can help me:
    1. The footer on the calendar-pages (/events) don’t display the footer right. The footer doesn’t have 100% width. I inspected the HTML and found out, that somehow on these pages the div class=”site-footer” is placed inside the div class=”site grid-container …”. How can that happen, and how can I change that? https://b2tvoe1m.myraidbox.de/events/
    2. when switching to a previous date, the calender list-view collapses in a strange way. https://b2tvoe1m.myraidbox.de/events/list/?eventDisplay=past

I’m new to GeneratePress and used Events Calendar with other Themes earlier and don’t know these issues from the past…

Thank you,
    Angie.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

are there any custom functions or hooks being used on the /events/ archive page? As it looks like there is some broken HTML eg. a missing closing tag such as </div> or </p> as the themes grid-container is not closing which is pulling the footer inside it.

Angie

Nothing I’m aware of.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any HTML being added to any of the events posts ?

Angie

No, just text in the normal editor.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Let’s try debugging things.

Can you try and see what happens if you temporarily disable plugins except GP Premium and TEC?

Also, if you have any Elements, can you try temporarily putting them on “Trash”? (restore them later).

If you have any child theme enabled, can you try reverting to parent theme for now?

once all of this are disabled, can you check if the site-footer isn’t getting wrapped into the #page div?

Angie

Hi!
    Yes, let’s do that!

1. First I deactivated all Plugins except GP Premium and Events Calendar: Footer was still placed inside site grid-container…
    2. Then I deactivated all Elements and still the footer is placed inside site grid-container
    3. Then I deactivated the GP Child Theme, still the same, only on the events pages.

Angie.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance we can get a temporary admin login so we can take a closer look ?
    You can share login details in the Private Information field.

Angie

Sure!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

What happens if you temporarily switch to the parent theme ( so it disables the child theme functions.php ) ?

Angie

Two answers above you can read, that I tried this when debugging.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry i missed that – its odd and difficult to diagnose.
    As its an archive template its not directly editable and i cannot see any other code being injected that would break the HTML. Have you spoken with the Event Calendar author as its there templates being used?

Angie

Yes, I reached out to them. As I use the free version, I don’t have an answer yet.
    Thankyou for your time, I will report back, if I have news.

Best wishes, Angie.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Please let us know – and if theres anything we can assist with 🙂

Angie

One thing I tried: I switched to Twenty Twenty One and there the footer isn’t placed inside the content-container.

Is this something that could be the problem (from the TEC-documentation):
    Theme Override: Do you have any theme overrides? Try disabling them by renaming your [themename]/tribe-events/ folder to tribe-events-bak.

Just wild guessing now:
    Could NGINX-settings be a source of the problem?

The TEC-Support is now also involved, I will keep you informed.

Thank you, Angie.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.