- This topic has 18 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks, 6 days ago by David.
December 10, 2021 at 2:07 am #2044457Angie
I have some problems with the plugin Events Calendar and maybe you can help me:
1. The footer on the calendar-pages (/events) don’t display the footer right. The footer doesn’t have 100% width. I inspected the HTML and found out, that somehow on these pages the div class=”site-footer” is placed inside the div class=”site grid-container …”. How can that happen, and how can I change that? https://b2tvoe1m.myraidbox.de/events/
2. when switching to a previous date, the calender list-view collapses in a strange way. https://b2tvoe1m.myraidbox.de/events/list/?eventDisplay=past
I’m new to GeneratePress and used Events Calendar with other Themes earlier and don’t know these issues from the past…
Angie.December 10, 2021 at 6:28 am #2044685DavidStaffCustomer Support
are there any custom functions or hooks being used on the /events/ archive page? As it looks like there is some broken HTML eg. a missing closing tag such as
</p>as the themes
grid-containeris not closing which is pulling the footer inside it.December 11, 2021 at 11:25 pm #2046180Angie
Nothing I’m aware of.December 12, 2021 at 9:30 am #2046629DavidStaffCustomer SupportDecember 12, 2021 at 2:04 pm #2046803Angie
No, just text in the normal editor.December 12, 2021 at 6:55 pm #2046952ElvinStaffCustomer Support
Let’s try debugging things.
Can you try and see what happens if you temporarily disable plugins except GP Premium and TEC?
Also, if you have any Elements, can you try temporarily putting them on “Trash”? (restore them later).
If you have any child theme enabled, can you try reverting to parent theme for now?
once all of this are disabled, can you check if the site-footer isn’t getting wrapped into the #page div?
A wise man once said:
"Have you cleared your cache?"December 13, 2021 at 7:01 am #2047491Angie
Yes, let’s do that!
1. First I deactivated all Plugins except GP Premium and Events Calendar: Footer was still placed inside site grid-container…
2. Then I deactivated all Elements and still the footer is placed inside site grid-container
3. Then I deactivated the GP Child Theme, still the same, only on the events pages.
Angie.December 13, 2021 at 2:16 pm #2047946DavidStaffCustomer SupportDecember 14, 2021 at 4:39 am #2048571Angie
Sure!December 14, 2021 at 5:45 am #2048631DavidStaffCustomer SupportDecember 14, 2021 at 6:33 am #2048699Angie
Two answers above you can read, that I tried this when debugging.December 14, 2021 at 7:46 am #2048750DavidStaffCustomer Support
Sorry i missed that – its odd and difficult to diagnose.
As its an archive template its not directly editable and i cannot see any other code being injected that would break the HTML. Have you spoken with the Event Calendar author as its there templates being used?December 15, 2021 at 3:52 am #2049674Angie
Yes, I reached out to them. As I use the free version, I don’t have an answer yet.
Thankyou for your time, I will report back, if I have news.
Best wishes, Angie.December 15, 2021 at 4:34 am #2049724DavidStaffCustomer SupportDecember 16, 2021 at 1:15 am #2050712Angie
One thing I tried: I switched to Twenty Twenty One and there the footer isn’t placed inside the content-container.
Is this something that could be the problem (from the TEC-documentation):
Theme Override: Do you have any theme overrides? Try disabling them by renaming your [themename]/tribe-events/ folder to tribe-events-bak.
Just wild guessing now:
Could NGINX-settings be a source of the problem?
The TEC-Support is now also involved, I will keep you informed.
Thank you, Angie.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.