[Resolved] Problems "customize" editing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Problems "customize" editing

Home Forums Support Problems "customize" editing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Afroze

Hi,

I have the following problems with editing website via the “customize” interface.

1) I try to increase the width of items in my primary navigation. As I slide the slider, I can see the width changing, but as soon as I refresh the page, the width of items goes back to default (even though the pixel value is shown as the new one, in customizer). In contrast to this, secondary navigation width change works fine.

2) I cannot figure out how to change the font of the text in my posts? I tried changing through: Typography -> Body, but it has no effect. In contrast, I can immediately see the effect of changing Font size.
    I tried to inspect the text element in order to figure out what was going on, I could see that the new font I had applied was crossed out, while “Open sans” was over-writing my changes.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Sounds like a caching issue. Are you using any caching plugin or server caching?

Can you provide a link to your site? Thanks!

Afroze

I don’t believe I am using any cashing right now (unless it is automatically provided some how..)

The site link is: afroze.me

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like the stylesheet is getting loaded twice.

Are you using a child theme?

Afroze

Yes I am using a child theme, but it has only very simple css and not affecting the components in question. If you’d like I can send you a copy of it.

Also, I’m wondering if it is a caching issue, if it should effect all changes in customizer, or only a select few things (like in my case).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Remove this line from your child theme style.css file:

@import url("../generatepress/style.css");

More info here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/child-theme-issues/

Afroze

Ah thanks a lot! I’m pretty new to the world of wordpress, so I guess I followed a dated tutorial on making a child theme.

Another issue, which I assume is related to this one. I try to change the margin of featured image in the blog page. However my changes are apparently overwritten by the “blog” plugin of GP-premium.

I add the following css:

.post-image-above-header .post-image {
        margin-bottom: 0;
    }

However, I see by inspecting the element that the contents of the following file is overwriting my changes:

./wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/blog/functions/css/style-min.css

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try this:

.inside-article .post-image {
        margin-bottom: 0;
    }
    Afroze

Hi,

It has the same results. The following style element from the blog plugin is overwriting it:

.post-image-above-header .post-image {
        margin-top: 0;
        margin-bottom: 2em;
    }
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you leave the code in so I can have a look? Thanks!

Afroze

Hmm I’m not completely sure what code do you mean. Perhaps I didn’t explain the issue properly..

https://ibb.co/gcDLdQ

In this screenshot, you can see in the bottom inspect section that I am trying to update the margin-bottom to 0 (in the child theme’s style.css file), but my changes are overwritten by the style-min.css file (which apparently comes from the GP-premium blog plugin).

When I cross out margin-bottom: 2em (directly from inspect) then I get the desired results. However, I am not sure why the plugin is overwriting my changes, and how I can avoid that.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Add this code in again: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/problems-customize-editing/#post-334576

Sometimes it just means we need to be more specific in our CSS.

I’ll be able to tell once you add it in.

Afroze

Ah ok, my bad. It’s already in ๐Ÿ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm try this:

.post-image-aligned-right .post-image {
        margin-bottom: 0 !important;
    }
    Afroze

Ah that worked. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.