- This topic has 19 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 8 months ago by Tom.
January 3, 2016 at 6:43 am #163067Lihas1987
first of all. Thanks for the great Theme. It is really awesom.
I have recently bought the Menu Plus Addon. I have two issues with this Addon.
1. I have activated the slideout menu on mobile version. If I open it and scroll down, it takes some time until the height of the primary menu is adjusted. I have attached a screenshot of my mobile.
2. I have activated the sticky menu on mobile version. If I scroll down and click the search icon, the website automatically scrolls up and does not activate the search field.
Lastly, I would like to shift the body content to the left, when I open the slideout menu as shown in the screenshot attached such that the menu is not overlays the content. Can you help me how I can accoomplish that?
Thanks a lot.
LihasJanuary 3, 2016 at 10:54 pm #163192TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
1. I’m not really understanding this – is that a big gap under the slideout menu? Does it fill in ever? What browser are you using?
2. This is an iOS and sticky element issue when it comes to keyboards. I’m actively working on it, and have a solution implemented if your sticky effect is set to “none”. Don’t have anything for the other effects yet.
More on this topic here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/search-field-sticky-menu-problem-on-ios/#post-152405
3. This is a future planned option 🙂January 4, 2016 at 1:09 pm #163354Lihas1987
thanks for the quick reply.
1. No, it is not a big gap. The height of the slideout menu gets automatically adjusted after a second or so. As you can see in the screenshot the menu item “Anmelden” is not fully visible. If I release my finger from the touchscreen, the height gets adjusted to 100% and the menu item “Anmelden” is fully visible. The same applies to your slideout menu when I visit your website on mobile. I tested it with Iphone 5s Safari browser and google bowser.
2. I set the sticky effect to “none”. However, if I press the search icon, the website scrolls up. Is this intended? By changing the effect to “none”, the sticky menu suddendly disappears for few seconds, when I scroll down and up after few seconds.
3. When can we expect this feature? 🙂
LihasJanuary 4, 2016 at 10:46 pm #163417TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
1. Ah, this is a Google browser thing – the gap comes from the address bar disappearing. I’m looking into a fix for this.
2. Yes, this is intended. It’s a bug in iOS when the keyboard is shown and a sticky element is present. Super annoying (you can find tons of pages on it by Googling “iOS sticky keyboard”. Scrolling to the top is the best I can do for now to fix it.
3. I can’t give a specific date, but I’ll try and get it worked into the next version 🙂January 9, 2016 at 4:31 am #164486Lihas1987
thanks a lot.
1. Would be great if you can fix it, but I can live with it.
2. Yes you are absolutely right. I have tested it on other WordPress themes and this issue seems to be iOS specific. However, as I mentioned above, by changing the sticky effect to “none”, the sticky menu suddendly disappears for few seconds, when I scroll down and up. I have this issue only on Safari browser. Do you know how to fix it?
3. Thanks, can’t wait for it :). How will I be notified when you implemented this feature? Via WordPress or via an update of this topic?
January 9, 2016 at 11:01 am #164579TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
- This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Lihas1987.
2. Is this happening without any keyboard bugs? Just when you’re scrolling?
3. Check the changelogs of the GP Premium updates (https://generatepress.com/category/development/) – I’ll try to remember to update this topic as well.January 10, 2016 at 6:54 am #164744Lihas1987
2. Yes, it this happening without any keyboard bugs. Just when I am scrolling down and up the sticky menu disappers for a second. It is only happening if I am using the Safari browser. On my google app on Iphone it is working fine. I was a little surprised as I have deactivated any sticky menu effects and the navigation is fixed, so why is the navigation menu disappearing sometimes.
3. Thanks, I will keep an eye on it.
LihasJanuary 10, 2016 at 11:31 am #164849TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperJanuary 11, 2016 at 5:14 am #165001Lihas1987
this issue is only present when I set the effect to none. However, I do not want to change the effect to fade or slide as you recommended above.
LihasJanuary 11, 2016 at 10:52 am #165091TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Tried this with Safari on my desktop and Safari on my iPad and everything seems fine.
I don’t have an iPhone so it’s hard to test, but it should act the same as on my iPad (same browser and OS).
Any chance you can link me to your site so I can take a look?January 11, 2016 at 11:34 am #165116Lihas1987
I only tested it with Safari on IPhone 5s. There I have this issue. My website is http://www.kaufpiraten.de.
LihasJanuary 11, 2016 at 1:33 pm #165131TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperJanuary 11, 2016 at 2:02 pm #165143Lihas1987
The sticky menu is only activated for mobile not for desktop.January 11, 2016 at 11:15 pm #165191TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Hmm, that’s very weird. It’s not in the core code at all, for example: http://staceysrecipes.com
Using the no effect sticky menu and works on iOS.
It may be a plugin causing the issue, try #1 on this page: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/debugging/January 12, 2016 at 12:09 pm #165374Lihas1987
it’s weird. I visited the website http://staceysrecipes.com/ on my iPhone and the same issue is present on this website. The sticky menu disappears for a second when I scroll down and then up. That is why I suppose that there should not be a conflict with other plugins. I will try to test it with another iPhone to make sure that it is not because of my iPhone.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.