[Resolved] Problems after installing New WP 5.5

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Problems after installing New WP 5.5

Home Forums Support Problems after installing New WP 5.5

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Vranjes

Hi
    I just installed new WP in my two sites with Generate Press theme and now cannot edit posts. There are numerous problems, I have noticed the following (but clearly there are more):

1. Cannot add pictures.
    2. Cannot edit permalink.
    3. Cannot add text links.
    4. Word counter does not work.
    5. Cannot add featured image.

I am using Classic Editor for WP. I checked also with my other site with a different theme (Metro Pro from Studio Press) and there and no issues at all. Please help.
    Jovo

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

All of the above are handled by WordPress.

Have you tried disabling all plugins except GP Premium?

Vranjes

I have updated WP in my other site where I use Metro Pro theme, and there are no issues at all. The same plugins are used in all of them. But the issues are only with sites that have GP theme. My hosting support directed me to ask the GP Support.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

We have a lot of users who upgraded to 5.5 already and haven’t received report on this.

Metro Pro theme isn’t a good theme to test.

Can you activate a twenty series WP default theme to test?

Vranjes

Hi Leo
    I have done some test, tried 20-20 theme and got a mess of a different type, but it seems that the mentioned issues disappeared.

Then I checked plugins and it seems that one of them is causing issues, the name of the plugin is “I want this affiliate plugin”.

So most likely it is nothing related to your theme. I assume I shall have to contact the plugin author.

Vranjes

It appears I made some typos in the previous message, sorry for this. So again, after adding a new theme (20-20) the problems did not disappear, pretty sure now this is the mentioned plugin.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you found the culprit – hopefully they’re able to get this fixed quickly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.