[Resolved] Problem with WP Bakery Migration to GenerateBlocks & GeneratePress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Problem with WP Bakery Migration to GenerateBlocks & GeneratePress

Home Forums Support Problem with WP Bakery Migration to GenerateBlocks & GeneratePress

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Luke

We are migrating a woocommerce site originally created using shopkeeper theme and WP Bakery. All is going ok with the theme migration, howvever im not sure how to get GenerateBocks working properly.

Im hoping that im missing something obvious, but when i have wpbakery activated I cannot view pages with the block editor and hence get access to generateblocks. If i deactivate wp bakery then I can access generate blocks. I have tried creating a new page. How do i proceed as we were anticipating a gradual rebuild where some pages loaded using their original wp bakery formatting and then some pages have been rebuilt and load using their generateblocks settings. Until eventaually we had rebuilt all old pages and could disable wp bakery.

Is this even possible and if so how do i access generateblocks with wp bakery still installed?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GenerateBlocks are only accessible through the WP Block editor – so you would have to disable WP Bakery on those pages. The best method would be to create a Staging site where you can make the changes safely without affecting the live site … once happy you can push the staging changes to the live site.

Luke

We are working on a staging site. The WP Block editor seems to be disabled on my installation anytime WP bakery is installed. Is this normal or do I have some weird insatllation settings?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I never have used that plugin – can you check with their support ?

Luke

Thanks for your patience! I finally found located on WP-Bakery settings page there is a checkbox to enable/disable the WP Block editor. I have now enabled it, which allows both editors to be used at same time. Thanks for your help

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you found the answer – and thanks for sharing!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.