[Support request] problem with woocommerce product image sizing

Home Forums Support [Support request] problem with woocommerce product image sizing

Home Forums Support problem with woocommerce product image sizing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John MacKenzie

hi all, ok so having an issue with product image sizing. seems there are 2 settings for this

Customize > layout > woocommerce > single product – product image area width.

why cant this be set as a pixel amount? it seems if i have it set to 40% some images that are too small get stretched REALLY big, while others do not?

there there is a setting in customize > woocommerce > product images, set as a pixel width but this doesnt seem to do anything.

see the product linked below and compare to the product #8bl

is the problem the fact that the first image is too small to start with?

also if you can tell me how to add a bit of padding on the right as the zoom plugin i added seems to cause this to get really close to the text.

thanks!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The option in Customize > Layout > WooCommerce is just the image area itself – not the actual image. However, WooCommerce forces the images to be 100% of this width.

To prevent that, try this CSS:

.woocommerce div.product div.images img {
        width: auto;
    }

For the spacing, try this CSS:

.woocommerce #content div.product div.summary {
        padding-left: 2em;
    }
    John MacKenzie

thanks for following up on this and i didnt reply. Im still struggling with the fact that images on product pages are really tall. Why cant woocommerce have a max height dimension of the image and resize it down to that max setting?
    eg this one is way too tall /product/drawing-2/

we cant size images ourselves since its going to be a marketplace and not a lot of control of what the vendors upload.

thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you tried their image sizing options in the Customizer?

If you have an example for me to check out, I can see if CSS will help.

John MacKenzie

HI Tom

the customizer doesnt seem to have height, only width and that doesnt really seem to work with not cropping the image?
    thanks!
    John

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you tried the WooCommerce plugin options in the Customizer (not the GP ones)? I think they have image width and height options.

John MacKenzie

yes i dont see any height options there?

i mean why cant the images just resized scale to a specified dimension in stead of all this cropping or ratio business, thats the only thing that makes sense?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea, not sure why they went that route. Image sizing in WordPress is very difficult, so they likely have their reasons.

If you want to link me to a page with an image that needs resizing, I can likely provide some CSS which may do the trick.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.