[Support request] Problem with Sitemap.xml (using yoast seo)

Home Forums Support [Support request] Problem with Sitemap.xml (using yoast seo)

Home Forums Support Problem with Sitemap.xml (using yoast seo)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marcus

Hi,

Yoast SEO plugin for wordpress created my sitemap.xml and its loading fine for my domain. But when I try to add it in Google Search Console its says parsing error. If I google the problem Yoast support forum says that I need to check themes and plugins that can do spacing in the file functions.php or wp-config.php. I’ve opened these files but cannot find any spacing that is incorrect.

Can you guys please help out? I have cleared the cache (Hummingbird plugin) but the problem is still there and I want a valid sitemap for Google Seach Console

Ash

Doubt the theme has any control over the sitemap. Try adding the sitemap url in the exclusion list in hummingbird and fetch it again from search console. Shouldn’t really be caching a sitemap.

Marcus

I tried adding sitemap.xml in the exclusion list and saved. I now got this message when I updated in Google Search Console:

Sitemap index processed successfully

But not (0) any URLs were deteced. Will they show up later?

Ash

It sounds like it has processed the sitemap index. But it hasn’t yet processed the child sitemaps, what I can remember yoast uses child sitemaps, e.g product, categories. Just keep an eye on it over the next couple of days it should start to show.

Marcus

Ok, I will close this thread once I get a good result. Thank you for fast support.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

thanks Ash for helping out 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.