[Support request] Problem with Sections in Pages (and Shop page)

Home Forums Support [Support request] Problem with Sections in Pages (and Shop page)

Home Forums Support Problem with Sections in Pages (and Shop page)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris

Hi,

I’ve having an issue with adding a Section to a page generally, with an additional problem with adding a section to the WooCommerce Shop page specifically.

1. Problem with adding a Section to a page generally

After I’ve added the section and updated the page, when I return to edit the page a second time, the content of the section appears in a ‘Classic Edit’ block in the main area of the page. Is that normal behaviour for sections in the block editor?

2. Problem with adding a section to the WooCommerce Shop page specifically

After I’ve added the section and updated the page, as well as the issue mentioned above, none of the Section settings are applied. That is, when inspecting the HTML of the public page: the section does not obey my request to make it full width; my custom id and class do not exist; nor does the background color change if set. The image immediately below the logo (wp-image-21934) has been added as a section which should be full width, but is not.

I tested with all the plugins deactivated and the result was the same.

I would greatly appreciate your help with this matter.

Many thanks,

Chris

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. Section content is saved to the classic editor by default. There’s a bug right now where the classic editor displays even when Sections are enabled. This has been fixed in 1.10.0, which is available for testing: https://generatepress.com/gp-premium-1-10-0/

2. The shop page is an archive page, which means regular content like Sections won’t work as they do on static pages. It looks like WooCommerce takes the content added to the editor, then adds it into the woocommerce-products-header area.

It may be better to build a custom Shop page using the block editor. That way you can use the WooCommerce blocks for your products, and a plugin like GenerateBlocks to build Sections: https://generateblocks.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.