[Support request] Problem with navigation on "Pages" in Nouveau

Home Forums Support Problem with navigation on "Pages" in Nouveau

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Donna

Ok, so the Nouveau theme has transparent primary navigation (with white text) that is overlaid on a dark header image – this is the case on pages like the home page, blog page, or contact us page.

Then on things like individual posts and category archives (that do not have an image in the header area) the primary navigation is black with white text.

Here’s my problem. If I create a new “Page,” it has the transparent primary navigation with white text, but is also has no header image. So the navigation ends up being nearly invisible against the pale gray background and also the navigation is crammed right up against the white box beneath it.

I don’t want to add a header image on my “Pages,” I want them to have black navigation with white text like individual posts. I’m not sure what settings I need to look at to make this happen. I want to keep the large header images on home page, blog, contact us, and maybe other pages, but for many pages that isn’t necessary and I just want the black navigation bar with no image behind it.

Here is what the problem looks like, with the logo and navigation circled in red:

Here is what I want the navigation to look like:

Here is what the theme seems to be expecting for “Pages,” to have a dark header image on which to overlay the transparent navigation:

Tom Lead Developer

Hi there,

That’s using our Header Element module: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

Right now, if you go to “Appearance > Elements”, you’ll see the “Merged Header” Element, which is set to show on all pages.

If you open that Element and go into “Display Rules”, you can remove the all pages rule.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.