[Resolved] Problem with loading of menu

Home Forums Support Problem with loading of menu

• This topic has 22 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by Leo.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Norman

Hello,

This may be somewhat of a minor problem but it’s a bit annoying to me. I’m not sure if it’s something GP associated or possibly with my Uber-Menu setup. I had Uber Menu before installing GP, so thinking that plugin may not be what’s causing it.

Anyway, here is a screen shot: https://www.screencast.com/t/VssdpXr6B

The red “Main Menu” loads along with a screen refresh on each page, then goes away and is not on the page for more than a second as you will see by visiting the main site.

Do you have any ideas how I can stop that from loading? I’m assuming it has something to do with the regular menu in WP.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That’s strange. So the red menu was Uber menu before and it’s not been deleted?

It definitely shouldn’t be loaded like that.

Any caching plugins or server cache?

If not then try disabling all plugins except GP Premium to eliminate any conflicts.

The issue definitely isn’t coming from GP.

Let me know 🙂

Norman

Hi Leo,

I’m using uber menu now and also since it’s a membership site, I don’t use any caching.

I will try to work through the plugin suggestion you have to see where that leads.

Thanks for taking a look.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So is the red menu also Uber menu before?

Norman

No. I think that’s only from what “would be” the main menu if I didn’t have uber menu covering it up. It’s almost like it has to let me know it’s still there? Odd.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm doesn’t look like from the code. GP is setting the menu to the blue color and I don’t see anything red:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/VhHSkRGFbdM9

Side note, are you using a child theme? If so what happens if you activate the parent theme?

Let me know 🙂

Norman

Hi Leo,

I don’t think I’m using a child theme lol. The only thing I work with is this one when going in to admin area.

I almost wonder if it’s something to do with the CSS I used previously, but I removed all of that and it still happened so it’s not that I guess.

Here it is below:
    /* Remove word menu from mobile display */

@media
    (max-width: 768px) {
    .main-navigation .menu-toggle {
    display: none !important;
    }
    }

.paged .page-header {
    display: none;
    }
    /* Remove left sidebar from mobile display */

@media
    (max-width: 768px) {
    #left-sidebar {
    display: none;
    }
    }
    /* Fix overflow issue with Categories Widget */
    .DisplayCategoriesWidget .dcw_c1,
    .DisplayCategoriesWidget .dcw_c2,
    .DisplayCategoriesWidget .dcw_c3 {
    float: none !important;
    width: auto !important;
    }

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You don’t think? Can you check?

I don’t think it’s a CSS issue.

Norman

The reason I say I don’t think is because one of the techs said it looks like I do. I only remember using one other theme and I just switched that to use GP now. I don’t know what they saw that made them think that. I don’t even know how to use a child theme.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can check if you are using a child theme by going to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes.

Norman

Yes, I wasn’t sure if there was something else to check, but here’s the screenshot:
    2019-10-21_1729

GP is active and the one I used to use is FlexSqueeze II version 1.0

So it seems there is no child theme.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm unfortunately I don’t have other ideas where the red menu is coming from.

I would definitely recommend disabling all plugins except GP Premium to test.

It could be a caching issue as well.

Norman

I have found out that it is affected by the Uber Menu “Responsive Toggle” setting –
    2019-10-21_1939

When I change the color to blue, it comes up that way. I need to find a way to disable it from showing up on desktop as it is needed on mobile.

Norman

For some reason, the responsive menu shows up just momentarily on desktop.

I deactivated it fully in uber menu settings and it stopped showing on desktop, however, it’s needed on mobile so I had to activate it again.
    2019-10-21_1950

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’d need to check with the plugin support then.

Glad you were able to identify the issue 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.