[Support request] Problem with hyphen sign

Home Forums Support [Support request] Problem with hyphen sign

Home Forums Support Problem with hyphen sign

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sonja

When i write a post with “-” in editor , then this hyphen becomes “–” in the front page. What is wrong with that?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I doubt this is a theme issue as WordPress handles the editor.

Does the same issue exist if you test it with a default twenty series theme?

Maybe an article like this would help?
    https://markjaquith.wordpress.com/2012/06/25/how-wordpress-handles-dashes-and-hyphens/

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Sonja

I can not switch back to another team.

But this is a very strange problem. It seems, that in titel everything is okay and like it was before. But in ttitels and text, every hyphen becomes a double minus sign.

Could this be a problem, because i use a GP child thee and local fonts?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This might help: https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/a/60395

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Sonja

Hi Tom,

i have already read about this topic, but this not the problem on my site.

I have used all the years the “-” sign without problems. Now after changinge to GPP and local fonts, this sign is displayed as a double minus. So two of this signs in series. There must be a reason for that, no?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GP/GPP itself has no control over your content like this. It’s possible that the font you switched to makes the double dashes more apparent.

WordPress runs filters on your content and converts some characters. Things like curly quotes, em-dashes (double dashes) etc.. are added by them. Adding the filters I linked to will tell WordPress to stop converting those characters.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.