Problem with header image

Home Forums Support Problem with header image

Home Forums Support Problem with header image

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This CSS will remove the mobile menu:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .menu-toggle {
            display: none;
        }
    }
    Joseph

Hi there, Just out of curiosity the “Background Images” from the Generate Background plugin is non-responsive. It won’t allow me to add background images throughout (body, header, navigation, etc.) The Header Image is what I was trying to add but then noticed none of the others responded.
    I deactivated all foreign plugins (outside the GP family) and the same. I don’t have any CSS in the Child Theme other that a few for woocommerce and in the Theme Functions a standard script I use to place the shopping cart totals in the navigation bar. I also have one to enable Font Awesome. But I removed those and still no response from the background images.
    I used CSS to get to where I needed to be but just wondering why that plugin is dead.

Thanks in advance!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are you using the latest version? I would do a manually update either way just to make sure: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/updating-add-ons/#manual-update

Joseph

Thank yo Tom, that did the trick.

Best regards,

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Brenda

Hi Tom,

I was also having problems with my header image (the image above the navigation) being responsive in mobile view. I followed your suggestion in this thread and separated the background image from the logo image. I uploaded the background image in the ‘Background’ section and the logo in ‘Site Identity’. Everything looks OK until I add the logo image. When I upload the logo image, the background image expands in width. I tried using different sizes of the logo image thinking that was the problem, but that didn’t help. I am new to WordPress so I’m sure it’s something simple. I followed other threads in the forum and tried adjusting the CSS, but that didn’t work either. I am using a child theme.

While I am here, I would like to ask a couple more questions. If I wanted to reduce the size of the images when viewed on a mobile phone, how would I do that. For example, If I am using a top header image above my main navigation and an image below my navigation (i.e. a slider or just a single image) how would I make those images appear smaller in mobile view. Not only responsive, but smaller.

Thank you,
    Brenda

Brenda

Hi Tom, I figured out what was going wrong with my background and logo image!!! OMG, I am loving this them and the add-ons!

Brenda

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad you got it working ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.