[Support request] Problem with GP Sections and Lightweight Grid Columns

Home Forums Support [Support request] Problem with GP Sections and Lightweight Grid Columns

Home Forums Support Problem with GP Sections and Lightweight Grid Columns

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello,

I’ve created a site that uses GP Sections on the home page along with Lightweight Grid Columns. The page begins with a GP header element to create a hero/landing page effect. Then there are three sections which have alternating background colors. Each section uses Lightweight Grid Columns to split the content into two columns – an image on the left and text on the right.

When I view the page on desktop OR mobile, it works great. However, on tablets (or larger phones like the iPhone X in landscape mode), the display breaks. While the layout of the grid columns and their content remains intact, the alternating background colors of the various GP sections seem to be compressed up to the top of the page, almost as though they are no longer tied to the content that is placed within the sections themselves. It will make the most sense if you see it:

https://maybankmobilevet.com/

Furthermore, I discovered that the problem disappears when I disable Lightweight Grid Columns.

I can provide screenshots if necessary. Thanks!

Pat

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

LGC is deprecated. GP’s Section module is about to be deprecated as well.

That said, these features/plugins didn’t have any appropriate updates to work for newer devices.

They’re pretty old and Tom has stopped developing them in favor of their successor which is GenerateBlocks. https://generateblocks.com/

If I may suggest, consider using GenerateBlocks to replace GP Section + LGC. It’s way easier as it’s using the newer WordPress default editor, Gutenberg.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.