[Support request] Problem with CLS in search console metrics

Home Forums Support [Support request] Problem with CLS in search console metrics

Home Forums Support Problem with CLS in search console metrics

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alfonso

Good morning.
    I have perfect cls metrics in all the urls of my website according to pagespeed insights.
    However, according to the google search console, the CLS metrics are poor, with values ​​of 0.37 with 300 urls affected.
    The problem is supposed to be that pagespeed detects the experiment data, which is perfect, but the search console detects the field data, which is what it collects from real web users, and this data is very bad.
    How can I find out where the CLS problem is on my website? Is there a way to detect what is really affecting the CLS on my website, which my users detect but the pagespeed does not?
    If you need to know what my website is, I will indicate it below with a shortener
    https://bit.ly/3kfGAoR
    Thank you very much.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

is there a particular page / product that is reporting a high CLS ?

Alfonso

Hi.
    The problem is in all the pages of my web: homepage, categories and products. It even happens in pages of cookies, privacy policy, etc.
    And generally occurs in the following way:
    You enter in the page and the cls is 0,37 or more. You refresh the web pressing enter, and the cls changes to 0,009 or less.
    It happens on all pages, have photos or just text.
    I get the instantaneous measurements of the cls of a chrome extension named web vitals. This extension offers some cls measurements that match those of the search console.

Thank you very much.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Check your developers console, i can see some cached JS returning a 404 error.

Overall the problem sounds like you have some deferred/late loading JS or CSS that is causing the CLS on first load. Once those requests have been completed the browser is caching them, which is why on refresh there is no/little CLS.

Alfonso

Thank you very much.
    Could you tell me, please, which are the js files that you have detected that give the problem?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Its a minimized cached file so i cannot see what files it includes. You may just need to clear your cache plugin to resolve the issue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.