[Resolved] Problem using shortcode to access enquiry forms

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Problem using shortcode to access enquiry forms

Home Forums Support Problem using shortcode to access enquiry forms

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Richard

Hi,

I am using the Bold theme with GP Pro latest version. This uses the free version of Elementor.

Within one of the Elementor pages of this theme I have tried to add a form using Ninja Forms (free version) which is accessed by shortcode. I am using the basic out of the box default form provided by Ninja Forms rather than create my own.

The form appears as expected on my web page however when I fill in the details I get an error that it can’t reference the email To field – which in this case would be the email address I have entered on the form rather than the WordPress site admin email address.

To attempt to find out what is going, I removed the field referenced in the error message so that the enquirer email was ignored and this time the form sent successfully without error. However the email I got back did not contain the form details I was expecting, instead I received:

hello

-{field:name_copy_1580754212045} ( {field:email_copy_1580752499063} )

So the form was able to access my wordpress email address set in settings as I got the email however it appears unable to access the information I entered into the form instead sending the field identities.

So is the Shortcode element provided as an Elementor element in this theme incompatible – do I need some CSS somewhere to handle the form shortcode instead?

Note I have temporarily removed the form shortcode from my site as it is live but I can re-instate if needed for a short time.

Cheers
    Richard

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

instead of using the Elementor Shortcode widget try using the Elementor HTML Widget.
    If there is still an issue then create a new test page without using Elementor and add the Short Code in the normal WP editor – then we can pin down where the issue lies.

Richard

Hi David,

I tried the HTML widget, but gave the same result.

I noted on the WordPress forums that others have had this issue but Ninga forms don’t seem to have fixed it.

Rather than waste further time on this I have used WPforms instead which went in as expected and without issue.

Thanks for your help
    Richard

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you found a solution and thanks for sharing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.