Black Friday Sale! Get $20 off GP Premium, $40 off our new Lifetime license, and 45% off license renewals/extensions! Learn more

[Resolved] problem overriding background colour

Home Forums Support problem overriding background colour

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Caroline

Hi – I’m trying to override the background colour of a button with class .button. However, the code I’m using in my child theme is being overridden by the following:

button, html input[type="button"], input[type="reset"], input[type="submit"], .button, .button:visited {
        color: #ffffff;
        background-color: #666666;
    }

According to Chrome dev tools, this is not coming from a style sheet, but from this link http://localhost:8888/northumberlandgreen/thank-you-for-subscribing/?preview_id=107&preview_nonce=50ae75d03b&_thumbnail_id=-1&preview=true

I’ve never seen this before, and I can’t work out why the code is being applied over the code in my child theme. I can override it using !important, but that then overrides the background cover for the hover state. I could probably add an ID and use that to solve the problem, but I’d really like to know where this code is coming from. Can you help?

Thank you!
    Caroline

GeneratePress 1.4
    GP Premium 1.4.3
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Caroline,

Have you tried using the customizer to change the color?

It should be in Color > Buttons.

If that’s not what you wanted, make sure you are not including this line in your child theme:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/child-theme-issues/#import

Let me know.

Caroline

Thanks Leo – changing it in the Customizer fixed it.

Just wanted to mention that I didn’t have the ‘Colors’ option activated before though, so presumably if I didn’t have the premium version of GP this may have been hard to fix (because I wouldn’t have been able to activate ‘Colors’ to change the setting).

Thanks again for your help!
    Caroline

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.