[Support request] problem left and right padding of GB containers

Home Forums Support [Support request] problem left and right padding of GB containers

Home Forums Support problem left and right padding of GB containers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Friedhelm

Dear GP team,
    I have a problem with the left and right padding of my GB containers. The padding on the GB containers is set as follows: 0 25 0 25. This is also done correctly on the single side. In the blog (GP-circle) only the current post looks like this, the other posts with GB containers do not take this into account. By the way: The same problem arises with the query loops.

Blog: Second post: Padding is not considered.
    Single-side of the second post: Padding is taken into account.

I’ve been testing around for three days, but I haven’t found the cause. Do you have a solution for this?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I read this topic and checked the links, but I am not sure I understand your question.

Can you take a screenshot, upload here and share the link with us?

I think screenshots may help us understand your issue.

Friedhelm

Hello Ying
    here are the two examples: one with a border and one without padding

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Friedhelm,

Can you share temporary login credentials? We’ll try to check your setup and see what’s going on.

Please use the Private Information field for this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Friedhelm

Fernando, Thanks for the quick reply: see below.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Friedhelm,

The padding is added through GenerateBlocks directly on the page. By default, this padding doesn’t carry over to the Blog to prevent bulking of the blog page. Think of having a lot of posts and adding all unique code for each post in the Blog – this would bulk up the Blog so much.

What you can do is use a Block Element – Content Template for the Blog and Archive Pages to style them the way you want to: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-content-template/

I would also advice to add the First image through the Featured Image Meta field instead.

Friedhelm

Hello Fernando,

my blog is normally 770px wide (with 759px images). Only occasionally I want to show 1200px photos) using the GB container. This works on the singles side, but not on the block side.

Your suggestion seems too complicated/too time-consuming, so I will only use the pictures in the “normal” format (750 px) in the future.

Thank you very much for your efforts. This post can be closed.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Well, another solution would be to add it manually through custom CSS. Just let us know if you want to go through with this.

You’re welcome Friedhelm!

Friedhelm

Hello Fernando.

I’m very happy that you have another solution up your sleeve. I would like to use a custom CSS to solve the problem.

Thank you for reaching out again.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Can you try adding this in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

.blog .entry-content > .gb-container > .gb-inside-container {
        padding-left: 20px;
        padding-right:20px;
    }

You can also include a class to that Container Block through the advanced section of its Block Settings so that the code would be more precise.

Friedhelm

Wow! That’s great. The input in Additional CSS works perfectly.

But you’re right, because I have better control with the variant with a class directly in the container block.
    What would the CSS be for a class? (I tried this with several variants, but they didn’t work).

I am looking forward to your answer.

Fernando
    Customer Support

It should be:

.blog .entry-content > .gb-container.your-class-name > .gb-inside-container {
        padding-left: 20px;
        padding-right:20px;
    }

Replace your-class-name with the class you set for the Container Block.

Friedhelm

Great, Fernando, the class is going well. I’ve closed the topic for now. GeneratePress has the best support I know. Many Thanks.

Fernando
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Friedhelm!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.