[Resolved] Problem after update threads

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Problem after update threads

Home Forums Support Problem after update threads

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sergey Khromov

Good day.
    After the next update threads again, flew all the settings I gradually completed in the file style.css. (of course, it is replaced during the upgrade) Question- how to do that would be after you install the update, you do not change the stylesheet.
    Thank you.

Sergey Khromov

question relates to the positioning of the tag h1, and alignment in the table.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

To avoid losing your CSS changes when updating, use a child theme or a CSS plugin.

More info here: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/adding-css/

Sergey Khromov

Using this method – I’ll get your updates? I think not. I want to receive your updates and more. Or, make your file css, and after your upgrade, immediately update it – replacing?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’ll still receive updates for GP.

This way, your child theme won’t be updated, so you won’t lose your custom CSS, but the parent theme will be updated so you get all of the new code ๐Ÿ™‚

Sergey Khromov

Ok, let’s study. Again, part of the teaching material ((((. Thank you.

Sergey Khromov

Added “a child theme”. Now it is necessary to re-adjust. Attitude and forth …. all will be updated, and did not move out will be? I understood correctly?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s correct – add all of your custom CSS to your child theme’s style.css file and you’ll be good to go ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.