[Support request] "Prime" Library Site – Cart Location

Home Forums Support [Support request] "Prime" Library Site – Cart Location

Home Forums Support "Prime" Library Site – Cart Location

• This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Steven

Hey guys, I’m customizing the “Prime” template from the site library.

I want to replace the text “GP | Gutenberg | Woo” in Header the Widgets with a shopping cart/basket, and remove the existing cart/basket icon.

In short, I want to relocate the cart to the very top right corner in place of the “GP | Gutenberg | Woo” text as I want it to be as easy as possible to checkout (location is important)

-I’ve figured out how to edit/resize the text widget with CSS, I tried removing that in the Customizer and adding the “Cart” widget, but that adds the word and not the cart/basket symbol

The rest of the layout is great, just that part. If you’re looking for a more detailed example of what I’m looking for check out Amazon’s actual header. Huge cart in the top right corner.

Your help would be much appreciated!

Steven

I’d also like to know how to change the colour of the product title on product pages. The customizer doesn’t seem to do it.

Cheers

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That text is currently added as the header widget:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-widget/

I believe WooCommerce comes with a Cart widget so you can just use that instead:
    https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-widgets/

As for the title color, the Product Title option under Colors > WooCommerce should work.

Let me know 🙂

Steven

Hey, thanks man.. I kind of got it. I’m mostly worried about mobile. I really want to have:

-The site logo centred at the top, in line with the menu + cart (cart on the top right, menu on the left)

-I would like the search bar to be the only bottom element and for it to go full width.

Can you please help me with this?

URL to the site in question was inserted. I’d be happy to give someone WP credentials to help me with this as I know that would move things along faster.

Thanks

Steven

Also.. the footer widgets are driving me a bit nuts. I deactivate the “Copyright” widget, and it WILL NOT go away. I reactivate it, erase the content and it disappears.

This seems backwards.

Steven

Hey Leo, I’m sorry to keep piling on. But I also REALLY want to get the Cart Icon that comes built-in with the site template on the far right in place of “Contact” and “Login | Register”.

I know you sent that WooCommerce shortcode link, but that didn’t prove to be overly helpful.

I just have some layout tweaks I’m trying to make and having a difficult time.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. You can only position the Cart icon where you really want with some CSS like so:

@media (min-width: 900px) {
        .inside-navigation {
            position: static !important;
        }
        nav li.wc-menu-item {
            position: absolute;
            top: 30px;
            right: 20px;
        }
    }

2. Mobile – space between logo and search:

.woo-search {
        margin-top: 10px;
        margin-bottom: 10px;
    }

3. Copyright – i responded to your other email.

Steven

Awesome, thank you! Do you by chance know if “Simple CSS” is being used for anything in this site template? Just need to know if it can be safely removed.

Steven

Wow, thank you! That worked perfectly. By chance is there a way to increase the size of the cart icon as well?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Simple CSS shouldn’t be installed in any of the site library templates by default. All the custom CSS should be in Additional CSS by default.

Size of the cart:

.main-navigation .main-nav ul li.wc-menu-item a {
        font-size: 30px;
    }
    Steven

Hey – why does it say “DIRTY!” On some of the sale banners..

How do you change that??

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any particular product where we can see that ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.