[Resolved] Primary navigation with dropdown hover, secondary navigation dropdown click

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Primary navigation with dropdown hover, secondary navigation dropdown click

Home Forums Support Primary navigation with dropdown hover, secondary navigation dropdown click

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tiago

i want to use hover option on primary menu and secondary menu by clicking.
    It’s possible?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

As of right now, it’s not possible, unfortunately.

However, I can definitely see the need to handle the two menus separately. I’ll see if this is something I can sneak into GPP 1.9 πŸ™‚

Tiago

Ok, thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

Paul

Hi Tom!
    Has there been an update on this?
    Sorry, if I just haven’t noticed it but I don’t find a solution.
    My problem is the other way round:
    I would like to have my menu items on the primary menu on click if they have a submenu. And I would like to have the menu items in my secondary menu on hover if they have a submenu.
    This applies only to the desktop-view, as I use a thrid menu for mobile.
    Would be great if you could help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Unfortunately, this ended up being much trickier than we had hoped due to backward-compatibility issues.

We will likely need to re-write the feature and keep the current one as a legacy option for people still using it.

I’ll log it as something to look at doing in 3.2.0, but I’m not 100% sure it will make its way in.

Sorry for the wait!

Paul

Hi Tom!
    Thanks for your reply! Actually I just realized later on, that there is the possibility to activate the click also for just the arrow. That’s very nice too but after all I settled for hovering on the website I’m just working on, so it’s not a big deal! πŸ™‚
    Best, Paul

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad it works for you! πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.