[Resolved] Primary Navigation suddenly doesn't display

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Primary Navigation suddenly doesn't display

Home Forums Support Primary Navigation suddenly doesn't display

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wendy Peck

Using latest GP plus GP Premium.

I have bruises from banging my head over this one. I had the header and menu all styled. All is well. Changed the logo image, and the primary nav disappeared. It’s there. I can see it, edit it, etc in Appearance Menu. I’ve tried disabling, and re-enabling the menu. If I set the Main Menu as the secondary menu, it displays, but when I change it back to primary, gone. Replaced the logo. Shut down the browser. Using Chrome, but same in FF.

I’ve basically lost the nav. At one point, I saw a display:noen flash by when I was inspecting it, but I cannot replicate that. When I set it to sticky, the sticky menu appears, but the primary is still empty space.

I have a few of my css styles, but have eliminated anything there. Have not modified the templates in any way, other than through the Customizer.
    You can see it at (removed) I am open to any suggestions. I can’t think of anything else to try.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Wendy,

Can you check the disable element setting for that page?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/disable-elements-overview/

Let me know.

Wendy Peck

OMG: I was smart enough to check another browser, but not another page. That was brilliant on your part. A little less so on mine. It’s fine now. Just my bruised pride now. I’m going to remove the link, if I can, before I mark resolve.

Thank you so much. You are wonderful.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Easy one to miss. You’re very welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Joseph

I just migrated this site live, https://freedomfactor.org/
    As you will notice the static logo is tiny. This logo was added to the sticky menu (Generate-Menu-Plus 1.15) and set to both static and sticky. Everything was fine until migration.
    The only CSS I’m using is for the logo resizing:

/* Increase Logo Size */
    .main-navigation .sticky-logo,
    .main-navigation .sticky-logo img {
    height:60px;padding-top:8px;
    }

On the scroll down, the logo is sized correctly.
    Should I reinstall the menu-plus plugin?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Joseph,

The sticky navigation/logo code was vastly improved in the latest update.

Try backing up the CSS code you have currently, then you can remove them, then use the option in Customizer > Layout > Sticky Navigation > Menu Item Height to tweak it.

Definitely let us know if you need some more tweaking. Please open a new topic with a link to your site ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.