[Resolved] Primary Navigation: desktop location different than tablet/smartphone

Home Forums Support Primary Navigation: desktop location different than tablet/smartphone

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Deborah

I’m having problems setting the primary navigation for desktop “Above Header” and aligned “Right” while setting tablet/smartphone “Below Header” and aligned “Center.”

Each time I enter the settings for desktop and tablet/mobile, save and publish, the last setting to be made is what is applied to both desktop and tablet/mobile. I can’t seem to save desktop to “Above Header” and “Right” aligned and have tablet/mobile saved as “Below Header” and “Center” aligned.

I thought it was possible to set primary navigation to different locations and alignments. Am I missing something?

GeneratePress 1.3.48
    GP Premium 1.3.1
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The navigation location in the customizer actually only applies to desktop.

The mobile menu toggle will be below the header by default.

You can consider the using the mobile header then the toggle will be on the right:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/mobile-header/

Let me know if this makes sense or if you need more info 🙂

Deborah

Hi Leo,

Thank you for the quick response. I didn’t realize the navigation location in the Customizer only applied to desktop.

Before I submitted this support request, I visited the navigation documentation page, but it didn’t have any info that it applied to desktop only. Perhaps it could be added?

Thanks for the link to the mobile header page. Info on that page says I can upload a mobile header logo, but provides no guidance on size. Recommendations?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

We will considered it for sure 🙂 Thanks for the suggestion!

Not really a recommended size as they will be scale down. A small image, like an icon or a square-ish image will work the best though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.