[Resolved] Primary Nav Search Issue

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Primary Nav Search Issue

Home Forums Support Primary Nav Search Issue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ian

I have enabled the search function inside Customizer > Layout > Primary Nav. The magnifying glass icon does show but I think the search box that shows up after clicking on the magnifying glass is wrapped to the front of the primary nav. Is this a glitch or has some custom coding broke this?

Is there a way to have the search box flow to the right or is this a poor UI design?

Ian

I think I see the issue. On another GP site, the search field that pops up also spans the entire primary but there is grey background colour. On this site, the backgound colour is white. Maybe it picked up a color from Customizer?

Perhaps changing the background colour of this search field is the answer?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in the Customizer > Colors there is an option to change the background color…. but it looks like you found a solution ?

Ian

Hi David,

I am using custom CSS to style the search area in the nav and will test the customizer as you had suggested.

By the way, I have added a 2nd site in the first post. Why does one site cover the logo area while the other displays the search box below the logo when on mobile? Where would this be controlled?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

By the way, I have added a 2nd site in the first post. Why does one site cover the logo area while the other displays the search box below the logo when on mobile? Where would this be controlled?

The first site is using the mobile header option and the second site is not:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/mobile-header/

Ian

Thanks Leo! As always, you found the answer. I was just working on both sites and noticed it right as I got your notification. Great minds think alike!

RESOLVED!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.